Tuesday, November 16, 2010

You Are What You Read

I came across this Scholastic website "You Are What You Read" and had to share it (http://youarewhatyouread.scholastic.com/).   I have been a voracious reader my entire life and became a teacher to encourage children to develop a love of reading.  The year I taught supplemental reading was one of the most fulfilling of my life.  I'm one of those people who walks through the airport or around a hotel pool and checks out what books other passengers have in their hands!  This website allows me to do that without having to go through airport security!  People (famous and not-so-famous) contribute a list of their favorite books.  It's fun to check out others' favorites and compare them to mine.  This site would be a good start for a book club or reading discussion.  Hope you get a chance to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment